THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Friday, February 22, 2008

My Kingdom For A Handful of Ibuprofen

Headache.  Big-time.  It didn't help that I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep.  I s'pose the low barometric pressure that brought us this lovely winter storm doesn't help.  I long for the "old days" (about 4 months ago) when I would let myself go to the Wal-Mart Ibuprofen bottle and take 4 tablets at a time.  (Sigh!)  Fortunately, I figured out that those things weren't doing me any good for the long-haul.  (My stomach started screaming at me.)  After our beloved Cindy Olson (chiropractor par excellence) told me that new research has revealed a strong connection between ibuprofen and heart disease & cancer, it's been easier to say no to Advil and its kin.

But I still miss the almost-instant pain relief.  Guess I'll go dust off the Tylenol bottle.

2 comments:

John B said...

"...strong connection between ibuprofen and heart disease & cancer..." - I switched to ibuprofen from acetaminophen because of its reported damage to the liver and kidney (and ibuprofen comes in a handy 800mg dose). Now what are we supposed to do?!

Don said...

Well, I have some friends who would suggest Jack Daniels as an alternative!