THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Monday, February 18, 2008

Definitely . . . Maybe

Just for fun, Lyn and I saw Definitely . . . Maybe this afternoon before doing Atonement.  About 11:45 this morning Lyn said, "I think it would be fun to see Definitely...Maybe today."  I knew nothing about it, but I'm always ready to see a movie.  So off we went.

Wonderful film.  I totally, recommend it--no reservations.  It's a guy-perspective romantic comedy and just a great show.  Nothing heavy, but well-written, heart-warming, and well-acted. The idea of a dad telling his daughter the whole background of his meeting and marrying his wife (from whom he is about to be divorced) is very intriguing.  I love Abigail Breslin who stole America's hearts last year in Little Miss Sunshine.  She plays Ryan Reynold's daughter. Reynolds (and the entire cast) do a great job with this film.  

I seriously doubt that it will receive any nominations next year, but it's one of those flicks people will enjoy for years to come.  SEE IT!

No comments: