THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Sunday, February 17, 2008

Green Room Reflections

I'm sitting at my desk, hearing all the hubbub in the Green Room plus Bruce's voice faintly sounding in the hallway as he preaches.

At the end of our "worship time" this morning, Kristi spontaneously tagged on the chorus "God Is So Good."  Not only was it a perfect punctuation to a very moving period of sung worship, but it brought back over 30 years of flashback to me.  As a teen-ager, I used to sing that song around campfires during life-changing weeks of Christian service camp.  We sang it in college.  We sang it in chapel.  It's been sung in every church where I've been privileged to serve or attend.  It's been food for my soul on hundreds of occasion in my life.

And what a simple, profound message it has.  God is Good.  It doesn't get any better than that for any of us who are the beneficiaries of that goodness!  Last time I checked, that included everyone.  Thank You, Lord.

1 comment:

Roni said...

Amen!!

We attended service last night, and it really was a moving worship time. I think so many people could relate to Kristi being so emotional and vulnerable up there. I always tear up with "Great is Thy Faithfulness," but last night especially touched me.