THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Friday, October 31, 2008

Wow! And this ain't a Halloween costume . . .


Some SERIOUS bling?!?!?  "Piercing" doesn't begin to describe what this person has done to him/herself.  Although I try to avoid making judgments on a person's appearance, I think I might actually pass out if I saw this man(?) on the street. 

Don't you have to clean these things from time to time???? Mama mia!

My "inquiring mind" goes into action when I see something like this. How does he sleep?  How does he brush his teeth? Shave? (That question makes me question gender.) Is that eye makeup?  If so, how does he/she remove it? (Or even apply it?) What happens if there is an infection?  What do security metal detectors do when he comes near them?  Has he ever shut down an airport? Does he have no nerve endings in his face? If someone were to slap his face, who would feel it the most--slapper or slappee?

4 comments:

Diane Davis said...

ok, that last comment cracks me up. i don't want to assume BUT if i were a betting person, i'd link this to some sort of mental health issue...

Billy and Laurel said...

Are you sure that's a "He"?

Heidi said...

What happens when his/her nose itches? Or sneezing? How does that work?

Miss Heather Leigh said...

Ha ha, as strongly opinionated (both in my faith and my political views), I'd say I'm pretty open minded.

I'm even a lover of piercings (I love the ones I have, miss what I've taken out) and tats (can't wait to get some of my own).

But even I have to say this is taking it a little too far!!