THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Saturday, October 4, 2008

How touching . . .

This is a strange, scary picture. ("Mommy, who IS this man?")  Not sure if it was taken before or after he groped Sarah's right arm following the debate!  I'm surprised nobody in the press has commented on that grope.  As Lyn and I were watching the DVR of the arm-thing, I nearly jumped out of my chair. I replayed it several times. (I wish someone had posted it to YouTube. I'd let you see for yourself.) In the moment, I actually was laughing because it was so incredulous.  "What is he DOING?!," was my comment. Now I'm not laughing. Now I'm just wondering what the press would have made of it if a man--especially another candidate of either party--had done that to Hillary during the primary debates? Oh, wait...probably nothing. They were too focused on BO to care. I was really offended when I saw it, and I'm not a woman! Interestingly, this Washington Post photo gathered a lot of comments from bloggers about the lack of a wedding ring on Biden's finger, although that didn't really bother me.  It's interesting to read them

BTW this is not a partisan post--it has nothing to do with politics or party lines. I thought Biden did a fine job in the debate itself. Nor is it based upon a prudish, puritanical mindset. I've paid for many a ticket to R-rated movies! The fact is that if McCain or Huckabee or Romney had thumb-caressed a woman's arm on-camera--especially in such a significant, high-profile situation, I would have been just as disgusted. (Of course, it would have been front-page news the next morning, so my disgust wouldn't have been so solitary!)

If you happen to still have the debate on your DVR or TiVo, you might rewatch the post-debate activity.  You'll see the "touching" scene.  Let me know if I'm over-reacting.

1 comment:

The Craftypigs said...

didn't see it, but feel your disgust.