THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thank you, Lord, that I'm not still teaching

This intensive 3-day vocal seminar we're hosting at our church is terrific--honest.  (Kristi and Rob have made some amazing improvements and are sounding really great--as are all of the other participants.) BUT, I can only listen to singers vocalizing scales and technical exercises for so long before I'm ready to climb the walls. I'm glad I'm the go-fer for this event.  I've got a good excuse to leave the room when I get bored spitless.  The instructor, Tim Carson is awesome--I don't know where he finds his energy.  Hour after hour of listening, analyzing, and coming up with a pedagogy that pushes all the right buttons for each singer.  I'm impressed...but I'm glad HE's teaching and not me!

1 comment:

SingingShrink said...

I'm with you there. Hoping to use my experiences for good in the coming months at church.