THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Monday, May 19, 2008

McCain on SNL . . . Hmmmmmmmm

Okay, did Senator McCain's appearance on Saturday Night Live make anybody else besides me a bit uncomfortable?  He had that deer-in-the-headlights look, and he couldn't keep his eyes off the cue cards. The schtick about the pork barrel spending was funny--especially the part about paved roads in Arizona--but it made him look like a lousy and ineffective senator. I felt bad for him--and I felt bad for the Republican Party.  I'm not too sure this was a good move for him. Did  he let the SNL writers have full reign on the material?  Sure seemed like it. (The spot on the "SNL Weekly News Update was just as awkward for me.)

Here's his first bit . . . 



Here's the "news" bit.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

i can't even watch this...i dislike him so.

Billy said...

McCain against Obama on TV reminds me of Kennedy and Nixon in the famous television debates. Kennedy, young, youthful in control and Nixon, shifty, uncomfortable in front of camera, and in some people's eyes untrustworthy.

I obviously didn't watch the debates, but history class and presidential library tours have enlightened me on the subject.

Billy said...

I watched the "news update" and actually thought McCain was really funny. What is awkward is his slow motion neck turns as he goes from camera to camera.