THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Friday, March 21, 2008

Amazing Discovery I Made Today

Tonight while I was browsing through the Drudge Report online, I came across an amazing link he calls "World Front Pages."  It's sooooo cool!  There are front pages from most of the daily newspapers across the country and around the world.  You can read the entire newspapers (or at least their websites) with the click of an HTML button.

For instance, I found todays front page of the Orlando Sentinel the newspaper I grew up with in Florida. 
Then I found the Knoxville News Sentinel  that we read when I studied and taught at Johnson Bible College in Knoxville.  It was the paper we read when Kristi and Jennifer were born.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm reading the Bruce Catton books on the Civil War.  I first read these books back in 1980/81.  That year, on a weekend trip with one of our singing groups from Johnson, we traveled to the Atlanta area.  I stayed in a home with people who were serious students of the Civil War.  (Atlanta, of course, had a major role to play in the war.)  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution had put together a collection of every front-page from every Sunday edition of the Constitution from 1860-1865.  (The collection had been released in 1961 for the centennial of the beginning of the War.) ANYWAY, they gave me a copy which is one of my most treasured positions.  

Here's today's front page of that major paper!  (The political position has changed a smidge in the last century.)
Of course, if you read Russian, you can find Moscow's daily.  (I could have shown Paris, Warsaw, Prague, Vienna, and any other major city's newspaper, but you get the idea.)  I really think this is cool!
On a much more mundane level, I made another discovery today as well.  I decided to wash the NASTY floor mats from my car.  I sprayed the stains with Spray-N-Wash, set the washer for delay and pre-soak. When I came home from the gym this afternoon, I had beautifully clean car mats. I was stoked!

No comments: