THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Haley Beth Turned Five! 012309

Star Date 012309.  Oh, sorry....wrong show.  That would be January 23, 2009.

Yes, Haley Beth Templeton is now 5 years old (in earth years).  She had a wonderful birthday on the 23rd and a fun party on the 24th.  

The poor baby can't help being a Star Wars fan.  Her dad is probably one of the most dedicated SW fans I've never known.  (Of course, I know there are some REALLLLLY crazy fans out there who make Curtis appear disinterested by comparison...but as to fans that I personally know, he'd be right there at the top of the list.)

The fascinating thing about Haley is that her SW hero is not Luke Skywalker; not Hans Solo; not Princess Leia. She is a die-hard DARTH VADER fan.  Spooky, huh?  

The party was supposed to be at a park, but because of the threat of rain it was moved to Jon and Gina Michell's house.  Which was nice, because the kids got to party to the video accompaniment of STAR WARS on the plasma. It was tons of fun, and no one got caught in a trash compactor!

The not-so-usual party pinata.

The little Dark-Sider herself:  Darth Haley

The warriors at Darth's command.  Darth Haley
enjoys having the boys at her beck and call!

If I didn't know better, I'd say it
was in the genes!

Here's the wise little Yoda, or as they refer
to her in the Hood, YoLexDa.

Even evil inter-galactic super-warriors
enjoy their birthday cakes.

Cousin Emily certainly enjoyed HER cake!!

Lexi admiring the Star Wars loot.

Enjoying her off-theme birthday gift from Papa Don
and MaMa Lyn:  Lite Brite.  For those temporary
retreats from the Dark Side.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So sweet and fun to look at. Thank you for posting these... I'm obviously still so worn out from last week - I haven't blogged a thing.

johnsonandjohnson said...

what funny pictures! It made me chuckle when I saw Emily's chocolate face too.

I'm bummed I didn't have my camera that day---glad you did!