THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is what we do for the joy of the King,
For His peaceable Kingdom,
For a world in despair.
And this is why we bring any hope we can give,
Any bread from the table,
Any touch of His hand.
This is what we do.
This is where we go.
This is why we sing.
This is how we live.
This is who we are.


Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thanks A Lot, Kristi (and Elvis!!!)

Well, here it is 2:15 a.m.  I woke up about 1:55 to "deal with" all the coffee and iced tea I had before going to bed.  (And I'm not referring to caffeine here!)  

Couldn't go back to sleep.  Why? you ask.  Well, it's that "God Of This City" song we learned last week.  I really love the song, but nearly every day (and night) this past week I had 3 or 4 different "mind loops" of the song going through my brain.  I had just about gotten over it when we used it again THIS week.  Now, it's back in all its Surround Sound glory!

The really annoying thing about the dominant loop of the set is how it's morphed with the King's "In The Ghetto."  I can't really explain it, but if you happen to know both of the songs, you can probably imagine what I'm hearing blasting away in the karaoke bar between my ears.

Actually, it's probably God telling me to go into the inner city and make a Kingdom difference. But it's still annoying!  (But it beats being stranded at the Atlanta airport!)

1 comment:

VikingMom said...

I can totally hear it in a loop with the ghetto song. I always end up with Stevie Wonder's "Living for the City" in my head. It drives Billy nuts because my mind is always swirling with it's own mixes of songs...apparently his doesn't do that. He definitely sleeps better than I do.